Estonian Package Excise - User Guide
This extension adds Estonian localization for package excise functionality in Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Once a quarter, entrepreneurs must submit a packaging excise duty declaration. The present functionality of the Estonian localization makes it possible to assemble a dataset necessary for the submission of the excise duty declaration in Business Central. The functionality does not include a printout of the excise duty declaration report.
References to the Packaging Act:
Settings of packaging materials can be found by typing Package Materials
Packaging excise duty settings for items
On the Inventory FastTab, a value is selected for the Packaging Excise Calculation field. Possible values of the field are:
|No Calculation||The item is not included in packaging excise duty calculation.|
|Use Entry Unit of Measure||Packages must be setup for the units used in transactions.|
|Use Base Unit of Measure||Packages must be setup only for the base unit. Transactions in other units are converted to base units before package quantity calculation.|
Application of the unit of measurement of an item to packaging materials
For the calculation of packaging excise duty, the measurement unit(s) of an item must be applied to packaging materials. For that, on the Item Card in the Actions tab under Item press the Package Materials button. In the page that opens, codes and quantities of packaging materials related to the unit of measurement (or different units of measurement) of the item are set.
The page for generation of packaging excise duty report Package Excise Declaration is launched by typing Package Excise Declarations Actions: New - a new packaging excise duty declaration is created Edit - enables editing a marked and not submitted packaging excise duty declaration View - displays a marked packaging excise duty declaration Delete - deletes a marked packaging excise duty declaration
Upon the creation of a new packaging excise duty declaration, the following fields are filled in the page:
|No.||The packaging excise duty declaration number is entered in the field|
|Description||Description of the packaging excise duty declaration|
|Period Start||Determines the beginning of the period|
|Period End||Determines the end of the period|
|Last Modify Time||Time when the packaging excise duty declaration was last modified|
|Last Modify User||The user name of the person having last modified the packaging excise duty declaration|
|Reported||Shows that the packaging excise duty declaration has been submitted. Makes fields (except for Reported) read-only|
Calculation activity of packaging excise duty declaration is started from the Packaging Excise Declaration page by pressing Calculate Lines. On the request form that opens, determine the filters (those are pre-filled by default), and press OK.
Packaging excise duty quantities are calculated on terms determined by the filters.
By default, request form filters of the Calculate Lines activity are filled with the following filters:
- Entry type = Sales
- Country/Region code = ‘’ and/or Country/Region code from company information
- Posting Date = filter based on report header
The packaging excise duty declaration is filled, using the following logic:
- All entries from the table Packaging Material, i.e. all packaging materials set are retrieved.
- Quantities according to the item Packaging Excise Calculation and package materials setup for the item.
- As many packaging entries are generated for the item entry as the number of different packagings established for the different units of measurements.
- If the report already has lines, upon the second running of activity Calculate Lines a warning is displayed to the user upon the acceptance of which lines are recalculated.
Report lines that have been generated cannot be manually added and deleted. The user can add values to the following columns:
- Recycle Actual Qty. (KG)
- Recircul. Actual Qty. (KG)
- Reusage Actual Qty. (KG)
By clicking the value in column Package Material Quantity (KG), the Package Excise Decl. Entries page is opened with detailed entries of which the calculated quantity consists. If the report has been submitted, the Reported field in the header is marked. If the field is marked:
- The fields of the report header are read-only (except for the Reported field, which enables reopening of the report) and the report cannot be deleted.
- The lines of the report are read-only and the Calculate Lines activity cannot be restarted.
For more information, please contact one of the partners: